Inspiration in the Unlikeliest of Places

Posted on February 04,2013 by jackieqmspp

I heard somewhere that Beyonce is like mushrooms: you either LOVE her or you HATE her.

I, for one, am on the love side. When I heard she was going to perform at half-time of this year's Superbowl, my husband and I made an agreement that I wouldn't interrupt him during the game if he'd keep quiet during her show. A win-win situation, in my opinion.

I can't say I understand why people don't like her, but let me explain why I do: she gets what she wants. Beyonce is one of the most powerful women in the country because she works hard to get what she wants. As part of Destiny's Child, she scored a No. 1 single, along with other awards and in 2003, she released her first solo album that sold millions, winning five Grammy Awards. Since then, she's released two more wildly successful albums, starred in a handful of movies and earned Billboard's Millennium Award. Along with all of the professional success, she's lead a fiercely private personal life, as a 32 year-old woman, married to Jay-Z, and mother of Blue Ivy Carter, born just over a year ago.

Beyonce works hard. She puts everything she has into her work (have you seen how perfect her choreography is in every single video and performance she does??) and she practices until she can practice no more (the reason for the Inauguration lip sync fiasco). And not to be creepy, but have you seen her body? She has a baby, for goodness' sake. Girl has put in some hours in the gym.

I'm not saying we should idolize Beyonce. I'll admit to calling her Queen Beyonce, practicing her dance moves in my living room, and putting a picture of her on my cookie jar to deter me, but if that's not your thing, don't worry. Just take this piece of advice from what is turning into my homage to Queen B: Those who work hard succeed.

Also, I found this last night after the game and almost peed myself laughing:Image

I so totally agree.