Online Learning

Posted on January 12,2013 by jackieqmspp

As I've mentioned before, my Higher Education: Student Personnel Administration degree program is completely online. I never have to go to campus to meet with a professor or go to class or anything, which is nice since I live in western New York.

My favorite thing about being in an online program? Being able to do my work wherever I want, whenever I want. We have deadlines, of course, with some work being due midweek and a paper usually due on Sunday nights, but that leaves room for me to fit it in whenever I can, in between working my two jobs, working at my internship, writing this blog along with my personal one, and spending time with my loved ones.

The best kind of work days are ones like today, when I can wake up with some writing and a cup of coffee and then get to work on my couch, with the sun shining in and some Jonsi playing on Spotify. I get to work in my sweatpants, under a cozy blanket, with the heater on high. I can be productive one minute and take a dance break the next.

There's something to be said for brick & mortar learning, with face to face classes and interacting with classmates, but for where I'm at in life right now, online learning is even better.