A step-by-step guide on how to complete 5 papers for the same week:
- Work out a lot. The endorphins will give you energy to keep going.
- Bake cookies. They will help your emotional stability.
- Go to parties. My MSPP friend threw an amazing Halloween party, so the busy students had a chance to see each other outside the confines of MSPP's beautiful new campus.
- Go on a weekly donut adventure with your boyfriend to try all the independent donut shops in the Boston area.
6. Don't clean your room. It takes up too much time. It is also better left as a reflection of your mental state, serving as a reminder of the fact that your life is in shambles and you have a lot of work to do. (OK, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but that's how it feels when your room looks like this):7. Spend an exorbitant amount of time coloring and decorating the genogram for one of your papers. It helps to color-code things if your family is especially large and messed-up. It also feels really good to regress every once in a while and play with markers.8. Pray for a hurricane day so that you actually have time to do your work!
I know this sounds like a really counter-productive way to actually get any writing done, but somehow, it worked. I think that because I had made so many plans for the weekend, I was really good at pacing myself during the week and getting things done ahead of time. Of course, I can't lie, the hurricane day definitely helped!