Turbo-charge the Vitamin C!

Posted on April 09,2012 by shansenmspp

We are honing in on April break here at MSPP – which falls a mere 2 weeks before the end of the semester. While I had no specific plans for April break, a turn of events has changed that. I plan to be SLEEPING. I have been sick for the past 3 weeks or so, and a couple of weeks ago I learned that I have mono. Ew! I thought I was too OLD for mono (plus, it’s not like I’ve been playing spin-the-bottle in my free time!).

Getting mono towards the end of my first year of graduate school was certainly not on my agenda, but I’m finding my professors - and classmates- to be both accommodating and compassionate. They have agreed to allow me extra time to complete assignments, understand when I can’t make it to class, and genuinely care that I’m feeling crummy. While I may need an incomplete or two to make it through, I think most of my work will still get done on time. So, although I’m crossing my fingers that I won’t miss the tail end of this semester, I feel supported by my professors (and fellow students) to help me along if I do. And now, nap time…..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz……..