Good News All Around

Posted on March 28,2012 by sskeenmspp

Well, loyal readers, I'm happy to report that things have been going pretty well for me lately. Monday night, I got an acceptance email from my first choice internship site, Domingos & Associates. D & A is a private practice in Needham that conducts assessments and other psychological services for schools in the area. For my internship, I'll be providing services at Mystic Valley Regional Charter School, a K-12 charter school in Malden, MA.

I couldn't be happier to have this opportunity. To be honest, it was difficult for me to find an internship this year, and this is pretty late in the game to line one up. Not only have I gotten a placement, but I found a placement that involves psych assessment. Assessment sites are pretty rare, and since I'd like to conduct assessments as part of my professional career someday, this experience will be wonderful for me.

In other news, I joined a new gym a couple weeks ago, and I've gotten back to regular exercise. This is not only good for me physically, but I've also always found that when I'm not exercising regularly, I get a little cranky. So, this is good news for my wife as well, and really anyone who has to deal with me.

Anyway, I'm making a pot of chicken soup, and it's just about done, so I'm going to go tend to that. Ciao.