I was having a bit of a tough time trying to figure out what I should blog about this time around. Mostly I feel like I sound like a broken record. I end up writing about practicum, school, Arizona, or being super busy. So, I wanted to give you something fun! Of course, in order to do that, I turned to Google. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything that really caught my eye. Then... I went to Mental Floss!
When I typed "forensic psychology" into their search bar I didn't expect to find much. Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised! The first thing that popped up was the article: "8 Prolific Female Serial Killers." How could you go wrong with that?!
The leading ladies are... *drum roll*
1. Delphine LaLaurie - Estimated body count: At least 10 (but possibly as many as 90)
2. Juana “La Mataviejitas” Barraza - Estimated body count: At least 10 (but possibly as many as 40)
3. Amelia “The Baby Farmer” Dyer - Estimated body count: 6 out of 12 babies that were found by police were confirmed victims of Amelia Dyer (but possibly as many as 50)
4. Marie Noe - Estimated body count: 8
5. Aileen Wuornos - Estimated body count: 7
6. Belle Gunness - Estimated body count: 40
7. Delfina and Maria de Jesus Gonzales - Estimated body count: 91 (80 women and 11 men)
8. Enriqueta “The Vampire of Barcelona” Marti - Estimated body count: at least 12
To get their full stories, check out: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/20217