Countdown until February Vacation

Posted on February 14,2012 by sthurstonmspp

I woke up this morning with a headache, stuffy nose, and raging sore throat. When I laughed, a strangled croak was all that emerged. I had, no more than 12 hours before, assured my supervisor that I had managed to stay healthy and was washing my hands religiously. Oh, irony.

Flu shots, vitamin C and clean hands did not spare me this cold. And with the final play sessions and midterms this week, I cannot allow myself to be sick. Tea in the morning, a pack of tissues close at hand, and a commitment to drinking at least two entire water bottles, and chicken soup at lunch time. I hope I can make it through the day with the kids, and am skeptical about my abilities to sustain through the three hour evening class.

But, for now, my head’s in the game (albeit achy) and a pink valentine heart filled with candy, the to from section filled out with a child’s careful hand, sits next to my water bottle. Chocolate and children will get me through today, and the support of my cohort will get me through the evening. Which leaves the midterms are up to me.

It is Tuesday and I am almost there!