When I met MSPP

Posted on February 02,2012 by sthurstonmspp

Studies have shown that only about 30% of people have had a midlife crisis. We all know the urban legend: 40something year old goes out and buys a canary yellow sports car, starts referring to himself as “the Dude”, and regresses back to his younger, more immature, self.

When I look back on my mid 20s, I am reminded of my impulse to avoid the looming major life decisions. I was happy in my job, doing good work, provided with health insurance. Maybe I wasn’t contemplating a quarter life crisis, but I certainly was tempted to “coast” for the foreseeable future.

Personally, I have always been a self starter, a motivated keep-on-going until you get to the top type of girl. But the overwhelming amount of choices in the psychology field (heck- even the working-with-kids psychology field!) had me spinning my wheels in the mud. Sound familiar??

Go to an open house!!! Read our blogs!! Surf the website!!!

Apply, and go to an interview day!!!

What do you have to lose? Meeting the people at MSPP, chatting with the first and second year students, listening to the professors speak, may resonate with something inside you and provide you with the definition you’ve been searching for. Personally, the application and overall MSPP experience defined for me what I could not explain myself. Spend a few hours and send in an application- best case scenario, you find what you’ve been looking for...

"...when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"