Why MSPP?

Posted on February 01,2012 by agareaumspp

I would say the two main reasons I decided to attend MSPP were because of its sense of community and field placement opportunities for first and second year students in my program. From the first time I visited MSPP I could immediately sense that it was a close-knit and supportive community where faculty, staff, and students, truly cared about the well-being and success of one another. This proved to be true during all of my interactions with admissions staff and faculty during the application process and I was continually impressed with how sincere everyone seemed to be. I actually applied late so I didn’t go through the group interview process, but I did interview with a faculty member and this experience confirmed MSPP was where I wanted to receive my graduate education. Not only was my interviewer incredibly welcoming but I got the sense that she truly wanted to know who I was as a person. Following my interview she actually called to let me know that it was nice to meet me and to see if I had any questions. Shortly after I received my notice of acceptance and I was thrilled about my admission to the program.

The other reason I chose MSPP was because of the opportunity to do a first year practicum as well as a second year internship. Not all of the programs I looked into included a first year field placement, but I personally feel the best way to learn is by practicing what is being taught in the classroom. With that being said, it was important to me to receive clinical experience both years to supplement my education. Despite the fact that there were some glitches with getting started with my practicum, now that I am settled in my new placements I can truly attest to the benefits of gaining clinical experience in addition to course work.

MSPP proved to be a great fit for me and I am definitely happy with my decision.