We're down to crunch time, people!

Posted on November 11,2011 by spitchermspp

With only three more weeks of classes, I am in the last steps of this marathon of a semester! But what a rewarding marathon it has been! I feel like I have learned so much! Not only in regarding to the material being taught in classes, but how to succeed in graduate school courses. It's not unknown that writing a graduate level paper and writing an undergraduate paper can be pretty different. One thing I have noticed is the amount of reflection papers that I have written. So many! It's such a great way to apply the lessons to your own life by applying what is learned to reflect on your development or anything else from the past. Even the other more fact driven papers are different from those in undergrad. Rather than writing a paper about regurgitated information from lecture notes and the text book, you're being asked instead to show real comprehension. I feel like these papers are so rewarding to write and offer for great discussions in class.

I'm not saying that all undergrad courses require shallow interpretations to prove knowledge on a subject; however, I believe most can attest to this reality in some of their courses. I loved my undergrad institution. Now, I feel a different sense of pride for my school. I feel like I am maturing my knowledge, learning skills to use directly in my practicum, and finding about my own strengths and weaknesses. I can't wait to start next semester and see where this journey to become a counselor will lead me next!