NAMI Latino y la Comunidad Interview

Posted on October 25,2010 by pfuentesmoadmspp

Last Thursday, alumn Juan Rodríguez and I had the opportunity of talking about MSPP and our work with the Latino community on the radio! It is a great show called "NAMI (National Alliance of Mental Illness) Latino y la Comunidad", which emphasizes on bringing mental health services to Latinos. This show is broadcasted every Thursday from 7:30 pm - 8:00 pm on WUNR1600 AM. In my opinion, this show provides a nice opportunity to listen about Latino mental health issues to those interested in the subject.

I am very grateful I was able to represent the school for this show. The whole experience was also very rich for me in terms of being able to hear the needs of people through the phone calls, which is the main focus of the show. It was truly a wonderful experience. Here, I share with you the link to the interview whether you want to hear more things about Latinos in Boston, practice your Spanish, or just connect with all the amazing opportunities that MSPP offers.

Link to Interview (please note that the audio of the first 30 seconds of the interview is not very clear, but it gets better afterwards...):

NAMI Latino y la Comunidad Students\' Interview