Cupcakes for Recovery

Posted on April 25,2013 by hmonkmspp

Last week's events have left us a lot of us shaken, confused, and afraid. However, they have also sparked an incredible sense of hope and a drive to move forward and help one another.

A 4th year student at MSPP and his wife were seriously injured at the Marathon Bombings and are still both in the hospital. Because they are still unable to have visitors and the family has asked the world to respect their privacy, we have all been searching for a way to help from afar. MSPP's administration created a fund to help pay for the couple's medical expenses. MSPP's Student Coordinating Committee decided to take action to hold a bake sale to raise money for the couple's recovery. I'm not part of the SCC, but I really wanted to help in a way that I knew I could: contributing baked goods. I made salted caramel cupcakes.

Click this photo to get the recipe Click this photo to get the recipe

The cupcakes were as beautiful as they were delicious. They were a huge hit. A lot of my peers also made incredible cheesecake bars, quick breads, brownies, muffins, and cookies. I was simultaneously as inspired as I was envious of some of the amazing recipes that outshined my humble cupcakes. In the end, we all came together and raised just over $700 for Patrick and Jessica. If you couldn't make it to the bake sale but would still like to contribute, please consider donating to their recovery here.

Patrick and Jessica, we wish you all the best for a successful and speedy recovery.