Who Put the Bom in the BOMBAY Bom Ba Bom, Who Put the Bang in the BANGALORE-a Ding Dong

Posted on January 07,2013 by sdmosaligantimspp

For the holiday break, I have been traveling in India with Kishore to visit his family, specifically having gone to Bombay/Mumbai, Bangalore/Bengaluru, and Hyderabad. The trip has been tremendous: the food, people, sites, overall culture. As I'm recovering from a slight bug (I ate the chutney at a road-side food stand when everyone told me, "Don't eat the chutney"), I'm just gonna post a few pics detailing our amazing trip. Here we go...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8! Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!... We're gonna do it! Me and Kishore at the 1000-year-old temple in Belur in the southern state of Karnataka. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8! Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated! We're gonna do it!... Me and Kishore at the 1000-year-old temple in Belur in the southern state of Karnataka. The large pillar was once used to tell the time of day.

Kishore meeting his beautiful niece Aishwarya for the first time in his brother's apartment in Bangalore. :) Kishore meeting his beautiful niece Aishwarya for the first time in his brother's apartment in Bangalore. :)

An apartment building in Mumbai. An apartment building in Mumbai.

Meeting some of Kishore's family in Mumbai. Meeting some of Kishore's family in Mumbai. Kishore's mother Rama sits at the far right - trained as a gynaecologist, she once served as the Head of Medicine for the state of Andhra Pradesh.

Our cab driver in Mumbai stopping on a bridge to throw flowers into the sea; as Kishore put it: "giving the flowers back to nature." Our cab driver in Mumbai stopping on a bridge to throw flowers into the sea, a custom amongst Hindus in India - as Kishore put it: "giving the flowers back to nature."

A stray cat sleeping at The Gateway of India, which is next to the Taj Hotel. I was fascinated by the street cats and dogs in India - the typical stray dog, known as the Indian pariah dog, has been living in India for about 14,000 years, having evolved through survival of the fittest (as opposed to selective breeding) to become a rugged, strong canine breed fit to survive on its own. A stray cat sleeping at The Gateway of India in Mumbai.

Eating poori and aloo curry at a "hotel" (restaurant) in Gandhi Bazaar in Bangalore. Kishore's mom apparently thinks I'm a riot. Eating poori and aloo curry at a "hotel" (restaurant) in Gandhi Bazaar in Bangalore. Kishore's mom thinks I'm a riot.

Thanks all! See you back in Boston very soon.