Before the music starts playing...

Posted on April 24,2012 by sthurstonmspp

This week marks our last full week of classes. We are done with 9 hour Mondays, bidding adieu to our Tuesday and Wednesday nights, and beginning to look ahead to our finals and first year exam. I admit that, at the beginning of this semester, I viewed a couple of the class syllabi with outright horror. I could not begin to imagine completing some of the laborious, new, and intimidating assignments. A full case study? A Functional Behavioral Assessment? Those are the things that real school psychologists do! How can I possibly be ready to to it, too?
Looking back I almost feel as though there was some illusion, some magic trick involved. Voila! We have cast a spell and magically stuffed years of learning into your turbo charged brain!
In fact, I have put in the effort and gained skills rapidly. Importantly, however, I have done so with a little help from my friends & the MSPP community. So thanks- thanks to my cohort of wildly supportive, always willing to laugh at 6:50 pm, bagel bringing and Bananagram playing friends. Thanks to my professors, whose high level of expectations and precariously balanced workload energized our learning. Thanks to all of my advisors/supervisors, from the program director to the 3rd year intern at my field site. Thanks to my family & loved ones, and to my dog, who made it impossible to stay in any sort of work induced coma.
Cue the orchestra...