A Much Needed Break

Posted on April 14,2012 by sskeenmspp

It's finally spring break, and I couldn't be happier! The last few weeks have been pretty hectic for me, so it's great to have a little time off from classes.

The semester will be coming to a close in just a few weeks, which means that academically, things are getting busy. Most classes at MSPP seem to be "back loaded," meaning that there are more assignments at the end of the semester than at the beginning. The workload peaks, of course, around mid-terms and finals. After next week (which we have off from classes), I have two 10 page papers due the following week, and another one due the week after that.

To further complicate things, this is a busy season for tutoring as well. I love my job as a writing tutor at MSPP, but I will admit that it gets very hard at this point in the semester. As a student/tutor, my students need the most help at the same times that I'm swamped with my own academic work.

So, as I start the break, I find myself once again faced with the task of balancing work, fun, and rest. I slept in until 10 this morning, so it looks like I'm off to a good start with getting rest. My wife and I will be going to see some Motown cover bands tonight with a former supervisor of mine, so that's a good start to having fun. And...hopefully before the concert, I'll be able to get some work done. I'm hoping to finish at least one of my 10 pagers during the break, and I'd like to make substantial progress on the other two. Time to get working.