What kind of coffee does Dracula drink?

Posted on October 22,2011 by sthurstonmspp

Decoffinated! Ha!!

Well, he may be able to suck down some decaffeinated brew and still manage to stay up all night but I cannot make it through a day without my daily cup.

While I do love the flavor- particularly this time of year when pumpkin spice is available- I find that I am just not as alert or focused without my morning dose. Yawns start creeping in and stacking up, my mind feels slippery, and -oops- I’ve gone and missed what was being said about the last two slides of the power point!

Enter my Tuesday morning, and a broken coffee maker. Yikes. I am a devoted home -brewer. No pricey S-Bucks, and while I have on occasion run on Dunkins, I see no reason to shell out my cash for something I can do myself. Also, probably more importantly, I love to sleep. Love it. Therefore, I sleep until the latest possible minute, effectively preventing any side trips to the aforementioned coffee suppliers.

My fiance, on the other hand, lives on tea. And while I enjoy a nice warm beverage at 3pm on the occasional blustery day, it’s never really been my -umm- cup of tea. Certainly not my hello-world motivating morning miracle. But, I have to admit, over the past few days I have developed a greater fondness for tea leaves and fruit infused concoctions.

Either way, tea or coffee (which, thankfully, was fixed this morning), I think the most important part of my morning cup is the time it gives me to relax and reflect on my upcoming day. A little mental housekeeping that primes my mind for the vast amounts of information headed its way.

So, don’t forget to find some “me” time, and try the pumpkin spice!