If I turn blue, don't panic...

Posted on October 05,2011 by sthurstonmspp

• The average (healthy) human being can hold their breath for between 30 and 60 seconds.
  • Magician David Blaine managed to hold his breath for 17 minutes and 4 seconds.
  • Karoline Nariechen Meyer, of Brazil, holds the world record with 18 minutes 33 seconds.

I have been holding my breath for 1 week, 2 days. I WIN!

Well, perhaps I have not been actually holding my breath... but I feel as though I have reached the point just before the terrifying, exhilarating downward rush and I am holding my breath, waiting for the inevitable drop. I have Adjusted; to a new sleep schedule, to a new school site, to classes, work and homework. My life has a routine, and I have achieved a nice balance- been apple picking, gone out on Friday nights, even made it to Cape Cod for a work-free weekend!
But as I look ahead I see that midterms are coming, final projects that are due at Christmas are not that far away... and Primary Project will start soon! I am left wondering if I can continue to have school and a life, or if this balancing act will become reminiscent of Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat. Mostly, I am hoping that I can pause the onrushing of further responsibility, and hold my breath until Christmas!